RULES & REGULATIONS
ATTENTION TO BUILDING, COMMON AREAS AND ROOMS
- Please keep your room clean and tidy and all times
- Keep the bathrooms and kitchens clean
- Stale and uneaten or waste foods must be immediately thrown away in the dustbins provided in the kitchens
- Rooms may be inspected twice a month
- Should we find that the state of your room is a potential health hazard you will be informed to clean your room. Should you consistently keep your room in such a state we will arrange for your room to be cleaned and all costs will be for your account.
- Please ensure that prior to vacating your room for weekends, vacations or otherwise that your room is cleaned and all food stuffs are disposed of
- Bed linen should be changed and washed once a week
- The furniture provided in your room may not be removed
- Clothes or other items may not be hung from the windows of the building
- Please do not mark, litter or damage the common areas of the building.
- Toilets must not be used for the disposal of any foreign objects only toilet paper may be flushed down the toilet
CONSIDERATION FOR OTHERS
- Disorderly behavior will not be tolerated and may lead to the termination of this lease, in such cases you will be liable for the full charges set out in the lease agreement.
- Any form of insubordination will not be tolerated and may result in disciplinary action.
- The playing of music at unreasonable sound levels is strictly forbidden. Management reserves the right to confiscate any music equipment in the event that the Lessee does not adhere to this rule.
- Shouting and running in passages or any other area of this building is not permitted.
WATER AND ELECTRICITY CONSUMPTION
- Please use only minimum amount of electricity required
- Please switch off lights and electrical appliances while not in use and when you leave the room
- Ensure that all stove plates are turned off when not in use
- Water should be used sparingly
SECURITY AND SAFETY
- We cannot be held responsible for any losses that may incur whilst residing in our building, therefore please keep your room locked at all times.
- The key of your room must never be given or lent to any other person.
- It is important that you take good care not to leave your keys in a place that they could be stolen or lost.
- The issuing of lost keys will be for your cost and will be payable before another key is issued to you. The approximate turn around time for a replacement key is 36 hours.
- Tampering with any security or fire equipment is an offense and is strictly forbidden. Should you tamper with the security and/or fire equipment in any way, this may result in disciplinary action & the possibility of legal prosecution.
- The use of candles, oil lamps, incense or anything that produces a naked flame is a potential fire hazard and therefore strictly forbidden to be used in your room or any areas of the building.
- We reserve the right to search bags (yours or your visitors) & rooms at any time and confiscate any firearms, weapons, alcohol, drugs or any other illegal substance.